Chinese Food Pairings With Suitable Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc with Vegetable Lo Mein.
- Malbec with Beef and Broccoli Paired.
- Lambrusco with Sesame Chicken.
- Gamay with General Tso’s Chicken.
- Moscato paired with Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Riesling with Kung Pao Chicken.
- Pinot Noir with Peking Duck.
- Grenache Paired with Mongolian Beef.
You might think with the addition of ginger and rice vinegar,an aromatic white winemight be best. But with marinated pork,a fruity red with lower tannins works best for balance and enhancement of flavor. Chinese takeout is a classic comfort food,but that doesn’t mean it can’t pair beautifully with wine!
- 1 Is red or white wine better with Chinese food?
- 2 What alcohol do you drink with Chinese food?
- 3 Does red wine pair well with Chinese food?
- 4 What is best to drink with Chinese food?
- 5 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 6 What wine goes with soy sauce?
- 7 What wine goes with spicy Chinese food?
- 8 What wine goes with chicken chow mein?
- 9 What Chinese food goes with red wine?
- 10 What wine goes best with stir fry?
- 11 What alcohol goes with stir fry?
- 12 What do Chinese drink with meals?
Is red or white wine better with Chinese food?
Chinese food is incredibly diverse but for whites the above advice is generally applicable while for reds look for the bold flavors of New World Cab, Shiraz/Syrah and Malbec, wines with lots of ripe fruit and restrained acidity. Here are a few to try. Smooth, rich, succulent and ideal for sweet BBQ sauce.
What alcohol do you drink with Chinese food?
Chris Horn, a sommelier at Purple Café in the Seattle area, suggests that German Riesling makes a good combination with nearly any Asian food. This is especially true for spicy dishes like Sichuan and Szechuan. He recommends matching the sugar in the wine with the spice of the lunch or dinner.
Does red wine pair well with Chinese food?
Again, aromatic white wines with Chinese food can work well when paired with dishes that have complex aromas from various spices. You could go for sweetness, too. Light-hearted, juicy reds, such as a youthful Gamay or Pinot Noir, also work well with the rich flavours and refresh the palate.
What is best to drink with Chinese food?
What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
What wine goes with spicy Chinese food?
Whatever you choose to pair with spicy Chinese fare, make sure it has low tannins and low alcohol. A wine with either of those in high doses will only make the heat hotter. For this dish, pick pinot gris, an off-dry chenin blanc or a gewurztraminer on the white side. Keep your reds fruity and low in tannin.
What wine goes with chicken chow mein?
Notes: Chicken Chow Mein will pair well with a grassy New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or the crisp, aromatic white of Gewurtztraminer. Alternatively, if you’re celebrating, or just in the mood, the lemon-lime flavours of an Italian Prosecco will also pair well.
What Chinese food goes with red wine?
Pairing Wine and Chinese Food
- Various styles of dumplings. By A. Limbu. Egg Rolls & Fried Dumplings.
- Crab Rangoon. By A. Nguyen.
- Fried Rice. By O. Onyeador.
- Kung Pao Chicken. By Jules. Kung Pao Chicken.
- Vegetable Chow Mein. By J. Strange.
- General Tso’s Chicken. By S. Bassi.
- Chinese Spareribs. By Wendy. Chinese Spare Ribs.
What wine goes best with stir fry?
With savory, gingery stir-fries For a white wine try an appley Pinot Blanc or unoaked styles of Chardonnay. For reds, go for juicy, low-tannin, wines, like Beaujolais from France or California Pinot Noir.
What alcohol goes with stir fry?
Here are my favourites:
- Riesling and riesling blends.
- Torrontes from Argentina – an interesting alternative to riesling.
- Fruity Australian whites especially ones containing semillon and colombard.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc – particularly with stir-fries that contain veggies like asparagus, peppers and mangetout.
What do Chinese drink with meals?
Tea is China’s most popular beverage. Chinese people drink green unfermented tea, taken hot without milk or sugar, with meals and snacks and on its own throughout the day. Today, they use mugs with lids and handles, but up until this century tea was always drunk from small bowls.