Chinese: Steamed Chicken and Broccoli “When ordering Chinese, focus on dishes packed full of lean proteins and vegetables with limited rice and noodles,” advises Palinski-Wade, who suggests ordering steamed chicken and broccoli with the sauce on the side.
- 1 What Chinese food can a Type 2 diabetic eat?
- 2 Can I have Chinese with diabetes?
- 3 What is the best takeaway for a diabetes?
- 4 Does Chinese food raise blood sugar?
- 5 What can a diabetic eat at Mcdonald’s?
- 6 Is Pizza OK for a diabetic?
- 7 What are the worst vegetables for a diabetic?
- 8 Can diabetic eat Subway?
- 9 Can diabetics eat fried chicken?
- 10 Is KFC OK for diabetics?
- 11 Why is pizza so bad for diabetics?
- 12 Is cheese bad for a diabetic?
- 13 How do you feel when your blood sugar is too high?
- 14 What raises blood sugar levels?
- 15 Do apples spike blood sugar?
What Chinese food can a Type 2 diabetic eat?
What to Order at Chinese Restaurants
- Skip the rice or at least ask for brown rice and keep your portion small.
- Order hot and sour soup, wonton soup, chicken or beef chop suey, stir-fried chicken or shrimp with vegetables, or chicken chow mein.
- Ask for extra vegetables and less sauce.
Can I have Chinese with diabetes?
Chinese and Other Asian Cuisines Chinese and other Asian fast food choices for diabetes can be really good, or really bad. You are sure to spike your blood sugar and put a damper on weight loss if you have mounds of white rice, fried rice, or chow mein or pad thai noodles.
What is the best takeaway for a diabetes?
Soups, vegetable sticks with dips, olives, undressed salads, chicken tikka, grilled shish and seekh kebabs are generally healthier choices than spring rolls, samosas and pakoras. Naans are often very large; they’re made with low-fibre white flour and may be drenched in butter.
Does Chinese food raise blood sugar?
Upswing: Chinese Food Foods high in fat can cause your blood sugar to stay higher for longer.
What can a diabetic eat at Mcdonald’s?
What can a person with diabetes eat at McDonalds?
- Hamburger or cheeseburger with small or medium french fries with water.
- Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich with snack size Fruit & Walnut Salad.
- 6 piece nuggets with small french fries or 3 piece chicken strips with small fries.
Is Pizza OK for a diabetic?
Pizza may actually be a good choice for people with type 2 diabetes; just be sure to order the thin-crust type and top it with vegetables rather than high-fat meats and extra cheese. It’s also a good idea to watch portion sizes.
What are the worst vegetables for a diabetic?
- Canned vegetables with lots of added sodium.
- Veggies cooked with lots of added butter, cheese, or sauce.
- Pickles, if you need to limit sodium. Otherwise, pickles are OK.
- Sauerkraut, for the same reason as pickles. Limit them if you have high blood pressure.
Can diabetic eat Subway?
The Diabetes Friendlier Menu provides a lower carbohydrate, sodium, and fat alternative to individuals with or without diabetes that are conscious about selecting healthier food choices from the Subway menu,” says Dr. Luigi Meneghini, Diabetes Research Institute at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Can diabetics eat fried chicken?
But chicken can often be battered and fried, coated in a sweet glaze, or swimming in a sugary sauce. This is bad news if you have diabetes and want to limit your intake of carbs and sugar. Chicken can be a great option for people with diabetes. All cuts of chicken are high in protein and many are low in fat.
Is KFC OK for diabetics?
Fried Chicken Restaurants In general, poultry is a smart choice while following a diabetes-friendly diet —except when it’s breaded or dipped in flour and fried. This version adds not just carbs but saturated fat and calories as well to menu items at restaurants like KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and Popeyes.
Why is pizza so bad for diabetics?
The high fat content causes your GI tract to take an extra long time to digest pizza (also a reason you may feel sleepy after eating pizza), so blood sugars seem fine, or may even drop low, initially. But, a few hours later you see a large blood sugar spike.
Is cheese bad for a diabetic?
Share on Pinterest Cheese is safe in moderation for people with diabetes. People with diabetes can safely eat cheese as part of a balanced, healthful diet. As with other foods, moderation is key, and so a diet that includes too much cheese would be harmful to people with or without diabetes.
How do you feel when your blood sugar is too high?
If your blood sugar level is too high, you may experience:
- Increased thirst.
- Frequent urination.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Shortness of breath.
- Stomach pain.
- Fruity breath odor.
- A very dry mouth.
What raises blood sugar levels?
In general, foods that cause blood sugar level to rise the most are those that are high in carbohydrates, which are quickly converted into energy, such as rice, bread, fruits and sugar. Next are foods high in protein, such as meats, fish eggs, milk and dairy products, and oily foods.
Do apples spike blood sugar?
Apples score relatively low on both the glycemic index (GI) and the glycemic load (GL) scales, meaning that they should cause a minimal rise in blood sugar levels (10). Apples have a minimal effect on blood sugar levels and are unlikely to cause rapid spikes in blood sugar, even in those with diabetes.