- Soy sauce.
- Oyster sauce.
- Shacha sauce in a bowl with coriander to be used in a hot pot.
- Doubanjiang, the mother sauce of Sichuan cuisine.
- Laoganma, a popular sauce in China. Oil, chili pepper, and fermented soybeans.
- XO sauce.
- 1 What sauces come with Chinese food?
- 2 What is the red sauce you get with Chinese food?
- 3 Do Chinese restaurants make their own sauces?
- 4 What are Chinese condiments?
- 5 What is the yellow Chinese sauce?
- 6 What is the red chili sauce at Chinese restaurants?
- 7 What is Chinese sweet and sour sauce made of?
- 8 What are the ingredients in Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce?
- 9 What do Chinese people order from Chinese restaurant?
- 10 Do Chinese restaurants have a secret menu?
- 11 What is the brown sauce in Chinese food called?
- 12 What is traditional Chinese sauce?
- 13 What are the 5 types of sauces?
What sauces come with Chinese food?
9 types of Asian sauces
- Light soy sauce. Also called ‘superior’ or ‘thin’ soy sauce, light soy is a Chinese soy sauce.
- Dark soy sauce. Also called ‘black’ soy, dark soy has more sodium than light soy.
- Japanese soy sauce. Also known as shoyu.
- Mushroom soy.
- Kecap manis.
- Oyster sauce.
- Fish sauce.
What is the red sauce you get with Chinese food?
Sweet and Sour Sauce is as easy as bringing a few ingredients including pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce to a boil before adding a cornstarch slurry to the mixture to thicken it. The classic red color from sweet and sour sauce comes from red food coloring (which is completely optional).
Do Chinese restaurants make their own sauces?
The Sauces Are Impossible to Replicate at Home The bottled stuff you find in the supermarket (and even the stuff you can make from recipes) don’t come close to what you find in the restaurants, because these sauces are usually made by combining two or more other sauces, all of which have their own seasonings.
What are Chinese condiments?
Here, we introduce you to the most common seasonings used in daily cooking in a Chinese kitchen.
- Salt. Salt.
- Soy Sauce. Chinese: 酱油 jiàngyóu /jyang-yoh/
- Oyster Sauce. Chinese: 蚝油 háoyóu /haoww-yoh/
- Sesame Oil.
- Rice Vinegar.
- Rice Wine.
- Chili Sauce (or Chili Paste)
- Soybean Paste.
What is the yellow Chinese sauce?
Chinese Yellow Bean Sauce, or Hugan Jiang, a part of any complete Chinese pantry, is a ubiquitous puree made from soybeans that are left over from making soy sauce. Yellow bean sauce is sometimes called yellow bean paste, or fermented yellow soybean paste.
What is the red chili sauce at Chinese restaurants?
Chiu chow sauce or chao zhou sauce, is a condiment that you’ll want to put on everything. A chili oil with lots of garlic, you won’t believe how good it is.
What is Chinese sweet and sour sauce made of?
In China traditionally the sauces are made from mixing sugar or honey with a sour liquid such as rice vinegar, soy sauce, and spices such as ginger and cloves.
What are the ingredients in Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce?
Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce is made from a classic blend of sugar and vinegar, further mixed with tomato paste, pineapple, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, spicy red pepper and traditionally brewed soy sauce. This well rounded combination of ingredients gives our sauce an authentic Asian taste.
What do Chinese people order from Chinese restaurant?
The 10 Best Chinese Takeout Options That Aren’t Orange Chicken
- Chicken Sizzling Rice Soup. Although Chinese food is known to be comfort food, many people forget that Chinese restaurants serve the ultimate comfort food: soup.
- Happy Family.
- Crab Rangoon.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Sea & Sky.
- Peking Duck.
- Fried Squid.
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp.
If you are at a restaurant without Chinese-speaking friends, give the waiter back the English menu and ask for the “other menu.” Open up that dialogue and ask for recommendations, because the “secret” menu is usually in Chinese. Some places may not have a secret menu.
What is the brown sauce in Chinese food called?
Hoisin sauce is a flavorful condiment made of a variety of ingredients depending on the maker. It’s often made with soybeans, garlic, chile, sugar, and spices. Brown sauce is a slightly thinner, simpler sauce that is broth-based.
What is traditional Chinese sauce?
Siu haau is a popular type of thick, savory, and slightly spicy barbecue sauce that is primarily used in Chinese and Cantonese cuisine. The sauce usually consists of a combination of soy, oyster, and hoisin sauce, sugar, garlic, honey, pepper, and salt.
What are the 5 types of sauces?
The Five Mother Sauces Sauces were often used to cover up the flavor of less-than-perfect meats, poultry and seafood. The five mother sauces include béchamel sauce, veloute sauce, brown or Espagnole sauce, Hollandaise sauce and tomato sauce.