Chinese Food Pairings With Suitable Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc with Vegetable Lo Mein.
- Malbec with Beef and Broccoli Paired.
- Lambrusco with Sesame Chicken.
- Gamay with General Tso’s Chicken.
- Moscato paired with Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Riesling with Kung Pao Chicken.
- Pinot Noir with Peking Duck.
- Grenache Paired with Mongolian Beef.
Little Handy Tip – A general rule which comes when you are choosing a wine to go with Chinese food is to stick to German/Alsatian varietals: Riesling,Gewürztraminer,Pinot Gris,and Pinot Blanc – for whites.
- 1 What alcohol goes best with Chinese food?
- 2 What red wine goes with Chinese food?
- 3 Is red or white wine better with Chinese food?
- 4 What wine goes with Cantonese?
- 5 What white wine goes with Chinese food?
- 6 What goes better with Chinese food beer or wine?
- 7 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 8 What wine goes with soy sauce?
- 9 What red wine goes well with spicy food?
- 10 What wine goes with Chinese dumplings?
- 11 What wine goes with chicken chow mein?
- 12 What wine goes with fried rice?
- 13 What do Chinese drink with meals?
- 14 What do you drink at a Chinese restaurant?
- 15 What do you drink after Chinese food?
What alcohol goes best with Chinese food?
What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
What red wine goes with Chinese food?
For reds, try a ripe pinot noir, or a merlot if you want something a little bolder. If you want to stick with a white, opt for a chenin blanc or a good old off-dry riesling.
Is red or white wine better with Chinese food?
Chinese food is incredibly diverse but for whites the above advice is generally applicable while for reds look for the bold flavors of New World Cab, Shiraz/Syrah and Malbec, wines with lots of ripe fruit and restrained acidity. Here are a few to try. Smooth, rich, succulent and ideal for sweet BBQ sauce.
What wine goes with Cantonese?
A sure-fire choice to pair with a Cantonese meal is Brut Champagne made with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier. The taste of yeast enhances the smoky flavour of Cantonese food, while the champagne’s minerality goes well with the saltiness of dishes that are cooked with soy sauce.
What white wine goes with Chinese food?
Again, aromatic white wines with Chinese food can work well when paired with dishes that have complex aromas from various spices. You could go for sweetness, too. An Auslese Riesling or even a lighter style of Sauternes or Barsac can work hand-in-hand with the spicy sensation.
What goes better with Chinese food beer or wine?
Don’t Forget About Beer Certain Chinese dishes go better with beer than they do with wine. Some pairings to consider include: Saison: Its dry finish and lemon and pepper flavors go well with the peppercorns found in many noodle dishes.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
What red wine goes well with spicy food?
Pairing Specifics The full-bodied types of wines that go well with spicy food can range from range from Syrah/Shiraz, Douro Reds, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some Zinfandels (typically a medium-bodied wine, but can be full depending on the particular brand) can also pair well.
What wine goes with Chinese dumplings?
Champagne works particularly well with fried dumplings, or when serving with vinegar. Think of ripe Chardonnays, or fruity rosés to go with your dumpling fillings.
What wine goes with chicken chow mein?
Notes: Chicken Chow Mein will pair well with a grassy New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or the crisp, aromatic white of Gewurtztraminer. Alternatively, if you’re celebrating, or just in the mood, the lemon-lime flavours of an Italian Prosecco will also pair well.
What wine goes with fried rice?
Wines with fried rice – Styles to consider:
- Riesling, dry or off-dry.
- Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Noir.
- Syrah / Shiraz.
- Bold, off-dry rosé
What do Chinese drink with meals?
Tea is China’s most popular beverage. Chinese people drink green unfermented tea, taken hot without milk or sugar, with meals and snacks and on its own throughout the day. Today, they use mugs with lids and handles, but up until this century tea was always drunk from small bowls.
What do you drink at a Chinese restaurant?
Not surprisingly, just as Chinese food is interesting and complicated, so are Chinese drinks. There are several ubiquitous drinks, and then there is a wide range of other possibilities.
- Pearl Milk Tea.
- Herbal Teas.
- Red Wine.
- Soybean Milk (dòu jiāng豆浆) and Soy Milk (dòu nǎi豆奶)
What do you drink after Chinese food?
Dr Leonard says people suffering after eating MSG should also drink water to keep hydrated, rest, and take painkillers if they have a headache. If someone suffers more severe symptoms, like difficulty breathing, chest pain or an allergic reaction, they should visit their doctor.