The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce.
- Steamed Dumplings.
- Brown Rice With a Scrambled Egg.
- Shrimp or Tofu Entrées.
- Kung Pao Chicken.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Sauce on the Side. This tip came up again and again.
- 1 What is the least healthiest Chinese food?
- 2 Is Chinese food healthy?
- 3 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 4 Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
- 5 What is the healthiest takeout food?
- 6 Why you should never order lo mein?
- 7 Why you should never eat Chinese food?
- 8 What makes Chinese food unhealthy?
- 9 Is lo mein healthy?
- 10 Is Chinese food healthier than Mcdonald’s?
- 11 Which is healthier Chinese or pizza?
- 12 What foods do Chinese avoid?
- 13 Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
- 14 What should you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
What is the least healthiest Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
Is Chinese food healthy?
That being said, Chinese food, when ordered consciously and intentionally, can actually be filled with muscle-building protein and filling, fiber-rich vegetables.” What’s more, she says, it can actually be a healthier alternative to a lot of other fast food (like burgers and fries).
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Worst: General Tso’s Chicken The breaded, fried chicken is smothered in a sugary sauce. One order clocks in at around 1,500 calories and 88 grams of fat, and it delivers more sodium than you should get in a day. Other fried dishes to watch out for: sesame, orange, and sweet and sour chicken.
Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
When it comes to how healthy these dishes are, Lo Mein certainly comes out on top, as Chow Mein is fried and therefore has a higher fat count. Of the two, Lo Mein is the healthier dish, due to the noodles being boiled rather than fried.
What is the healthiest takeout food?
- Steamed summer roll instead of a deep-fried spring roll.
- Grilled, not fried, chicken parmesan.
- Steamed vegetable dumplings instead of fried wontons.
- Soft-shell taco rather than a fried hard-shell taco (or even better — a taco salad with lettuce).
- Baked potato instead of fries.
Why you should never order lo mein?
Lo mein is basically just really greasy pasta. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that the majority of menu items at Chinese restaurants are diet-busters. Chinese food (or the kind we’re accustomed to in America, at least) is loaded with oil, salt, and sugar, and lots of it also deep-fried.
Why you should never eat Chinese food?
Yet, some Chinese food options can be not-so-great for your health, especially when you consider the sodium milligrams in an average dish, as well as the high amounts of carbs and saturated fat, both of which are not great for your heart health, blood pressure or blood sugar levels.
What makes Chinese food unhealthy?
Chinese food can be high in sodium, sugar, and trans fats General Tso’s chicken and other Chinese dishes are often loaded with sodium, sugar, and trans fats. Some specialties also contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), a potentially harmful food additive (via the Mayo Clinic).
Is lo mein healthy?
Avoid:Lo Mein The noodles are refined carbohydrates that do nothing for your health, but do a lot for your waistline. Lo mein often comes in an oil-drenched sauce, increasing its sodium, fat, and calorie count.
Is Chinese food healthier than Mcdonald’s?
Though there are some unhealthy aspects of Chinese cuisine in general, some Chinese food is much healthier than fast food. Blanched meats, steamed vegetables, and braised meat are healthier than deep-fried foods. Relatively low sugar content: Chinese food can be high in sodium, but it is not usually high in sugar.
Which is healthier Chinese or pizza?
Depending on the dish, Chinese food can be healthier than pizza, especially if it’s a simple protein and vegetable dish. Chinese food usually is higher in sodium and calories, while pizza is higher in saturated fat and cholesterol. Avoid eating too much in one sitting to eat healthier.
What foods do Chinese avoid?
On the Radar: 10 Dangerous Foods from China
- Plastic Rice. Plastic Rice.
- Garlic. In 2015 we imported 138 million pounds of garlic- a fair chunk of it labeled as “organic”.
- Salt. Imported Chinese salt may contain industrial salt.
- Apple Juice.
- Green Peas/Soybeans.
Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
While Chinese restaurant food is bad for your waistline and blood pressure — sodium contributes to hypertension— it does offer vegetable-rich dishes and the kind of fat that’s not bad for the heart.
What should you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
Things You Should Never Order From A Chinese Restaurant
- Fried rice. Shutterstock.
- Sweet-and-sour chicken. Shutterstock.
- Crab rangoon. Shutterstock.
- Egg rolls. Shutterstock.
- Orange beef. Shutterstock.
- Lemon chicken. Shutterstock.
- Shrimp toast. Shutterstock.
- Anything with crab. Shutterstock.