The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Shrimp and Vegetables With Black Bean Sauce.
- Beef and Broccoli.
- Mixed Vegetables.
- Extra Vegetables.
- Moo Shu Vegetables.
- Moo Shu Chicken.
- Steamed Anything.
- A Small Soup.
- 1 What to order in a Chinese restaurant that is healthy?
- 2 Why you should never order lo mein?
- 3 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 4 Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
- 5 Does Chinese cause weight gain?
- 6 Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
- 7 Is fried rice bad for u?
- 8 Is Chinese pork fried rice healthy?
- 9 What can you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
- 10 Is any Chinese food healthy?
- 11 Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
- 12 Why you should never eat Chinese food?
What to order in a Chinese restaurant that is healthy?
13 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings offered at a Chinese restaurant are pockets of dough filled with seasoned meat and vegetables, usually pork and cabbage.
- Hot and sour soup or egg drop soup.
- Moo goo gai pan.
- Beef and broccoli.
- Chop suey.
- Chicken and broccoli.
- Baked salmon.
- Happy family.
Why you should never order lo mein?
Lo mein is basically just really greasy pasta. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that the majority of menu items at Chinese restaurants are diet-busters. Chinese food (or the kind we’re accustomed to in America, at least) is loaded with oil, salt, and sugar, and lots of it also deep-fried.
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
When it comes to how healthy these dishes are, Lo Mein certainly comes out on top, as Chow Mein is fried and therefore has a higher fat count. Of the two, Lo Mein is the healthier dish, due to the noodles being boiled rather than fried.
Does Chinese cause weight gain?
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) – The flavor enhancer monosodium glutamate (MSG), most often associated with Chinese food and after-dinner headaches, may also be enhancing waistlines, a new study finds. Researchers found that people who eat more MSG are more likely to be overweight or obese.
Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
The Asian diet will probably help you lose weight. Research suggests people in Asian countries who follow this dietary pattern weigh less than their Western counterparts. That’s likely because it’s high in healthy foods that keep hunger at bay: whole grains, vegetables and bean products, for example.
Is fried rice bad for u?
Fried rice is undeniably bad for you, setting you back 450 calories and 14 grams of fat. Brown rise is better, with only 215 calories and a generous 3.5 grams of fiber per cup. But even though it’s trendy to avoid white rice because it’s a high-glycemic carb, it’s not so bad.
Is Chinese pork fried rice healthy?
Is Pork Fried Rice Healthy? Pork fried rice is not generally healthy when you order it at a restaurant but it can be healthy when you make it at home. This recipe certainly is because that’s what we’re all about at A Sweet Pea Chef! At the end of the day it all boils down to the ingredients you use.
What can you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
Things You Should Never Order From A Chinese Restaurant
- Fried rice. Shutterstock.
- Sweet-and-sour chicken. Shutterstock.
- Crab rangoon. Shutterstock.
- Egg rolls. Shutterstock.
- Orange beef. Shutterstock.
- Lemon chicken. Shutterstock.
- Shrimp toast. Shutterstock.
- Anything with crab. Shutterstock.
Is any Chinese food healthy?
That being said, Chinese food, when ordered consciously and intentionally, can actually be filled with muscle-building protein and filling, fiber-rich vegetables.” What’s more, she says, it can actually be a healthier alternative to a lot of other fast food (like burgers and fries).
Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
While Chinese restaurant food is bad for your waistline and blood pressure — sodium contributes to hypertension— it does offer vegetable-rich dishes and the kind of fat that’s not bad for the heart.
Why you should never eat Chinese food?
Yet, some Chinese food options can be not-so-great for your health, especially when you consider the sodium milligrams in an average dish, as well as the high amounts of carbs and saturated fat, both of which are not great for your heart health, blood pressure or blood sugar levels.