The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce.
- Steamed Dumplings.
- Brown Rice With a Scrambled Egg.
- Shrimp or Tofu Entrées.
- Kung Pao Chicken.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Sauce on the Side. This tip came up again and again.
- 1 Which Chinese takeaway meal is lowest in calories?
- 2 What is the least healthiest Chinese food?
- 3 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 4 What is the lowest calorie Chinese meal?
- 5 Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
- 6 What takeaway is the healthiest?
- 7 What should I order from Chinese takeout?
- 8 Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
- 9 Is chow mein healthy?
- 10 Is fried rice healthy?
- 11 What should you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
- 12 Why you should never order lo mein?
- 13 Is Chinese food good for weight loss?
- 14 What Chinese food is low in carbs?
- 15 How many calories is a Chinese takeaway?
Which Chinese takeaway meal is lowest in calories?
What to order: Good, lower-calorie choices include: steamed, broiled or roasted chicken, beef, pork or shrimp Chow Mein, Chop Suey, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and of course, steamed veggies. Anything described as crispy, coated, marinated, twice-cooked or battered suggests higher calorie and fat contents.
What is the least healthiest Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Worst: General Tso’s Chicken The breaded, fried chicken is smothered in a sugary sauce. One order clocks in at around 1,500 calories and 88 grams of fat, and it delivers more sodium than you should get in a day. Other fried dishes to watch out for: sesame, orange, and sweet and sour chicken.
What is the lowest calorie Chinese meal?
10 Chinese Dinners Under 400 Calories
- Chinese Chicken Salad III | 393 Calories.
- Chinese Pepper Steak | 312 Calories.
- Chinese Take-Out Shrimp with Garlic | 227 Calories.
- Chinese Pork Tenderloin | 222 Calories.
- Authentic Chinese Steamed Fish | 379 Calories.
- Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry | 280 Calories.
Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
When it comes to how healthy these dishes are, Lo Mein certainly comes out on top, as Chow Mein is fried and therefore has a higher fat count. Of the two, Lo Mein is the healthier dish, due to the noodles being boiled rather than fried.
What takeaway is the healthiest?
Healthiest takeaway options
- Fish and chips. Battered cod: 444 calories | 28g fat.
- Pizza. Domino’s Mighty Meaty (medium classic crust): 197 calories | 8.7g fat per slice.
- Chinese. Small container of egg fried rice: 679 calories | 17.9g fat.
- Indian. Lamb rogan josh: 525 calories | 30.5g fat.
- Burger and chips.
What should I order from Chinese takeout?
The 10 Best Chinese Takeout Options That Aren’t Orange Chicken
- Chicken Sizzling Rice Soup. Although Chinese food is known to be comfort food, many people forget that Chinese restaurants serve the ultimate comfort food: soup.
- Happy Family.
- Crab Rangoon.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Sea & Sky.
- Peking Duck.
- Fried Squid.
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp.
Why is Chinese takeout so bad for you?
While Chinese restaurant food is bad for your waistline and blood pressure — sodium contributes to hypertension— it does offer vegetable-rich dishes and the kind of fat that’s not bad for the heart.
Is chow mein healthy?
Like many other ethnic cuisines, Chinese food can be a healthy option if you know what to look for on the menu. Chow mein noodles prepared in light oil with lots of vegetables and lean protein is a great option that’s low in calories and high in nutrients.
Is fried rice healthy?
Fried rice has such a distinct flavor, and I think it’s just as good the un-fried way. This is also such a good way to use up any cooked brown rice you have leftover from other dishes. This dish is full of healthy fiber, protein, good fat, and good carbs, and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
What should you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
Things You Should Never Order From A Chinese Restaurant
- Fried rice. Shutterstock.
- Sweet-and-sour chicken. Shutterstock.
- Crab rangoon. Shutterstock.
- Egg rolls. Shutterstock.
- Orange beef. Shutterstock.
- Lemon chicken. Shutterstock.
- Shrimp toast. Shutterstock.
- Anything with crab. Shutterstock.
Why you should never order lo mein?
Lo mein is basically just really greasy pasta. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that the majority of menu items at Chinese restaurants are diet-busters. Chinese food (or the kind we’re accustomed to in America, at least) is loaded with oil, salt, and sugar, and lots of it also deep-fried.
Is Chinese food good for weight loss?
The Asian diet will probably help you lose weight. Research suggests people in Asian countries who follow this dietary pattern weigh less than their Western counterparts. That’s likely because it’s high in healthy foods that keep hunger at bay: whole grains, vegetables and bean products, for example.
What Chinese food is low in carbs?
15 Keto-Friendly Chinese Foods
- Egg foo young. Egg foo young is a Chinese omelet filled with veggies like cabbage, bean sprouts, and onions.
- Boiled or steamed seafood.
- Egg drop soup.
- Moo shu pork.
- Beef and broccoli.
- Pork belly.
- Stir-fried mushrooms.
- Sautéed green beans.
How many calories is a Chinese takeaway?
➢ A typical Chinese takeaway, consisting of a portion of vegetable spring rolls and sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice, provides approximately 2,184 calories (109 per cent of the adult GDA for energy), 74 grams of total fat (106 per cent of the adult GDA for total fat), 14 grams of saturated fat (70 per cent of