Chinese Food Pairings With Suitable Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc with Vegetable Lo Mein.
- Malbec with Beef and Broccoli Paired.
- Lambrusco with Sesame Chicken.
- Gamay with General Tso’s Chicken.
- Moscato paired with Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Riesling with Kung Pao Chicken.
- Pinot Noir with Peking Duck.
- Grenache Paired with Mongolian Beef.
- 1 What kind of red wine goes with Chinese food?
- 2 What is best to drink with Chinese food?
- 3 What wine goes with Cantonese?
- 4 Does pinot noir go with Chinese food?
- 5 What wine goes with soy sauce?
- 6 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 7 Which wine goes with Chinese food?
- 8 What alcohol do you serve with Chinese food?
- 9 What alcohol goes with stir fry?
- 10 What do Chinese drink with meals?
- 11 Does Rose wine go with Chinese food?
- 12 Is Prosecco good with Chinese food?
- 13 What wine goes with Chinese duck?
What kind of red wine goes with Chinese food?
For reds, try a ripe pinot noir, or a merlot if you want something a little bolder. If you want to stick with a white, opt for a chenin blanc or a good old off-dry riesling.
What is best to drink with Chinese food?
What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
What wine goes with Cantonese?
A sure-fire choice to pair with a Cantonese meal is Brut Champagne made with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier. The taste of yeast enhances the smoky flavour of Cantonese food, while the champagne’s minerality goes well with the saltiness of dishes that are cooked with soy sauce.
Does pinot noir go with Chinese food?
Again, aromatic white wines with Chinese food can work well when paired with dishes that have complex aromas from various spices. You could go for sweetness, too. Light-hearted, juicy reds, such as a youthful Gamay or Pinot Noir, also work well with the rich flavours and refresh the palate.
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
Which wine goes with Chinese food?
These are beer or whisky foods. But beyond that, a good general rule when it comes to choosing a wine to go with Asian food is to stick to the German/Alsatian varietals: Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, wherever they come from.
What alcohol do you serve with Chinese food?
Champagne or sparkling wine is the ideal answer with dim sum – both the steamed and deep fried variety, especially when stuffed with shellfish. It also goes well with lighter stir fries and steamed fish and vegetable and with the more delicate flavours of Cantonese food.
What alcohol goes with stir fry?
Here are my favourites:
- Riesling and riesling blends.
- Torrontes from Argentina – an interesting alternative to riesling.
- Fruity Australian whites especially ones containing semillon and colombard.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc – particularly with stir-fries that contain veggies like asparagus, peppers and mangetout.
What do Chinese drink with meals?
Tea is China’s most popular beverage. Chinese people drink green unfermented tea, taken hot without milk or sugar, with meals and snacks and on its own throughout the day. Today, they use mugs with lids and handles, but up until this century tea was always drunk from small bowls.
Does Rose wine go with Chinese food?
And, of course, Champagne and other sparkling wines, especially rosé, pair well with Chinese food —for many of the same reasons that beer is a good match. In fact, a sparkling rosé might be the best choice for wine drinkers who don’t want to think too much about pairings.
Is Prosecco good with Chinese food?
As a general rule of thumb, sparkling white wines, such as Prosecco, work very well with the fried savoury and noodle dishes that are so prevalent in Chinese food. Red wines are great when the dish makes use of a rich sauce, with whites coming into the picture when you’re dealing with spiciness.
What wine goes with Chinese duck?
Peking Duck and Zinfandel Like other Asian dishes, Peking duck has plenty of heat and sweet and sour contrasts. It also has a bold plum sauce and crispy skin. This pleasing combination works well with a wine like Zinfandel, which has its own strong fruits and intense spices like pepper and cinnamon.