The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Shrimp and Vegetables With Black Bean Sauce.
- Beef and Broccoli.
- Mixed Vegetables.
- Extra Vegetables.
- Moo Shu Vegetables.
- Moo Shu Chicken.
- Steamed Anything.
- A Small Soup.
- 1 What is healthy to eat from the Chinese?
- 2 Is any Chinese food healthy?
- 3 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 4 Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
- 5 What is the healthiest Chinese chicken dish?
- 6 Why is Chinese food bad for you?
- 7 Is Kung Pao chicken healthy?
- 8 What is the healthiest takeout food?
- 9 What’s the healthiest Chinese takeaway dish?
- 10 Is lo mein healthy?
- 11 Is fried rice healthy?
- 12 What foods do Chinese avoid?
- 13 Is chicken with broccoli healthy?
- 14 Is Chinese pork fried rice healthy?
What is healthy to eat from the Chinese?
- Try to avoid: sweet and sour battered pork balls with special or egg-fried rice, prawn toast, spring rolls.
- Healthier options: crab and corn soup, steamed dumplings, steamed vegetables and plain boiled rice, steamed fish, chicken chop suey, Szechuan prawns.
Is any Chinese food healthy?
That being said, Chinese food, when ordered consciously and intentionally, can actually be filled with muscle-building protein and filling, fiber-rich vegetables.” What’s more, she says, it can actually be a healthier alternative to a lot of other fast food (like burgers and fries).
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
Is lo mein or chow mein healthier?
When it comes to how healthy these dishes are, Lo Mein certainly comes out on top, as Chow Mein is fried and therefore has a higher fat count. Of the two, Lo Mein is the healthier dish, due to the noodles being boiled rather than fried.
What is the healthiest Chinese chicken dish?
Kung pao chicken can be a healthier option if you go light on the sauce. Kung pao chicken can also be a healthier choice, depending on how it’s prepared. Loaded with protein and vegetables, this filling dish can be a great alternative to dishes like General Tso’s or sweet and sour chicken.
Why is Chinese food bad for you?
Chinese food can be high in sodium, sugar, and trans fats General Tso’s chicken and other Chinese dishes are often loaded with sodium, sugar, and trans fats. Some specialties also contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), a potentially harmful food additive (via the Mayo Clinic).
Is Kung Pao chicken healthy?
When faced with a decision at a Chinese restaurant, you might choose Kung Pao Chicken. This dish is a healthy choice for most people, containing a range of vitamins and minerals, as well as complete protein. It is also low in saturated fat and calories.
What is the healthiest takeout food?
- Steamed summer roll instead of a deep-fried spring roll.
- Grilled, not fried, chicken parmesan.
- Steamed vegetable dumplings instead of fried wontons.
- Soft-shell taco rather than a fried hard-shell taco (or even better — a taco salad with lettuce).
- Baked potato instead of fries.
What’s the healthiest Chinese takeaway dish?
13 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings offered at a Chinese restaurant are pockets of dough filled with seasoned meat and vegetables, usually pork and cabbage.
- Hot and sour soup or egg drop soup.
- Moo goo gai pan.
- Beef and broccoli.
- Chop suey.
- Chicken and broccoli.
- Baked salmon.
- Happy family.
Is lo mein healthy?
Avoid:Lo Mein The noodles are refined carbohydrates that do nothing for your health, but do a lot for your waistline. Lo mein often comes in an oil-drenched sauce, increasing its sodium, fat, and calorie count.
Is fried rice healthy?
Fried rice has such a distinct flavor, and I think it’s just as good the un-fried way. This is also such a good way to use up any cooked brown rice you have leftover from other dishes. This dish is full of healthy fiber, protein, good fat, and good carbs, and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
What foods do Chinese avoid?
On the Radar: 10 Dangerous Foods from China
- Plastic Rice. Plastic Rice.
- Garlic. In 2015 we imported 138 million pounds of garlic- a fair chunk of it labeled as “organic”.
- Salt. Imported Chinese salt may contain industrial salt.
- Apple Juice.
- Green Peas/Soybeans.
Is chicken with broccoli healthy?
Chicken and Broccoli With lean, white meat chicken and bushy, fiber-filled broccoli, this dish is an excellent choice for someone trying to get the taste of Chinese food without the fat. According to LIVESTRONG.COM, a one-cup serving only contains around 280 calories.
Is Chinese pork fried rice healthy?
Is Pork Fried Rice Healthy? Pork fried rice is not generally healthy when you order it at a restaurant but it can be healthy when you make it at home. This recipe certainly is because that’s what we’re all about at A Sweet Pea Chef! At the end of the day it all boils down to the ingredients you use.