Hot pot or hotpot (simplified Chinese: 火锅; traditional Chinese: 火鍋; pinyin: huǒguō; lit. ‘fire pot’), also known as soup-food or steamboat, is a cooking method that originates from China, prepared with a simmering pot of soup stock at the dining table, containing a variety of Chinese foodstuffs and ingredients.
- 1 What Chinese foods are steamed?
- 2 What is Cantonese style?
- 3 What are different types of Chinese food?
- 4 What is the difference between Cantonese and Peking style food?
- 5 What are the steaming food?
- 6 What is the meaning of steaming in cooking?
- 7 What is Szechuan style?
- 8 What is Hunan style?
- 9 What does Peking style mean?
- 10 What are the 4 main styles of Chinese cuisine?
- 11 What are the two main types of Chinese food?
- 12 What is a traditional Chinese meal?
- 13 Is Roast Duck same as Peking duck?
- 14 What is wor shu duck?
- 15 What’s the difference between Peking and Aromatic Duck?
What Chinese foods are steamed?
- Cantonese-Style Steamed Tofu.
- Cantonese Steamed Chicken & Chinese Sausage.
- Money Bag Dumplings.
- Steamed Pork Belly with Taro (Wu Tau Kau Yuk)
- Chinese Vegetarian Duck (素鸭)
- Cantonese Steamed Fish: A 20 Minute Recipe.
- White Sugar Sponge Cake (Bai Tang Gao – 白糖糕)
- How to Make Liangpi (& Kaofu/Wheat Gluten)
What is Cantonese style?
The Cantonese cooking style typically involves lots of seafood (both fresh and dried), healthy soups, sauces (like hoisin, oyster and plum), barbecued or dried meats (often pork and goose), and subtle flavors.
What are different types of Chinese food?
These eight culinary cuisines are Anhui, Cantonese, Fujian, Hunan, Jiangsu, Shandong, Szechuan and Zhejiang.
- Anhui (Hui)
- Cantonese (Yu)
- Fujian (Min)
- Hunan (Xiang)
- Jiangsu (Su)
- Shandong (Lu)
- Szechuan (Chuan)
- Zhejiang (Zhe)
What is the difference between Cantonese and Peking style food?
Peking duck is not stuffed as it is appreciated for its original juices and flavor without the need for extra ingredients. Cantonese ducks are stuffed with star anise, ginger, spring onion, and more than a dozen other Chinese herbs to have their flavors infused for tastier duck meat and bones.
What are the steaming food?
List of steamed foods
- 1.1 Breads.
- 1.2 Buns and rolls.
- 1.3 Cakes.
- 1.4 Confectionery and sweets.
- 1.5 Custards.
- 1.6 Dumplings.
- 1.7 Meat-based.
- 1.8 Puddings.
What is the meaning of steaming in cooking?
Steaming is a method of cooking that requires moist heat. The heat is created by boiling water which vaporizes into steam. The steam brings heat to the food and cooks it. The hot steam circulates through the pot and cooks the food very quickly.
What is Szechuan style?
Szechuan cuisine is typically a very spicy type of Chinese food and is also known for being very flavorful. Szechuan cuisine uses a variety of different cooking methods, including sautéeing, stir-frying without steaming, dry-braising, soaking in water (Pao), or frying and then braising with corn flour sauce (Hui).
What is Hunan style?
Hunan cuisine, also known as Xiang cuisine, consists of the cuisines of the Xiang River region, Dongting Lake and western Hunan Province in China. It is one of the Eight Great Traditions of Chinese cuisine and is well known for its hot and spicy flavours, fresh aroma and deep colours. Common cooking techniques include
What does Peking style mean?
Peking sauce is used in Chinese cooking, most notably cooking from the region of Beijing. This sauce is sweet and a little bit spicy, often compared to barbecue sauce, since it is used with grilled and roasted foods. It is often made from a base of ingredients like vinegar, soy sauce or paste, and different spices.
What are the 4 main styles of Chinese cuisine?
The most praised Four Great Traditions are Chuan, Lu, Yue, and Huaiyang, representing cuisines of West, North, South, and East China, respectively.
What are the two main types of Chinese food?
4 Main Types of Chinese Food
- Cantonese/Guangdong Cuisine. Guangdong, or Catonese, cuisine is characterized by their cooking methods of mostly steaming, boiling, sauté and stir-frying with thick gravy.
- Sichuan Cuisine. The second major Chinese cuisine is Sichuan (or Szechuan).
- Shandong Cuisine.
- Su Cuisine.
What is a traditional Chinese meal?
A typical Chinese meal will have two things – a carbohydrate or starch like noodles, rice or buns, and accompanying stir fries or dishes of veggies, fish and meat. They use a lot of fresh vegetables like mushroom, water chestnuts, bamboo and even tofu.
Is Roast Duck same as Peking duck?
Peking duck is a kind of roast duck. As said, it’s roasted a specific way and served a specific way (mostly just the skin, sometimes meat is served separately and the bones are made into soup).
What is wor shu duck?
Cantonese Pressed Duck is often referred to as: Wor Shu Duck, Wor Shu Op, Steamed Deep-fried Pressed Duck, or Chinese Pressed Duck.
What’s the difference between Peking and Aromatic Duck?
Crispy aromatic duck (香酥鴨 xiang su ya) is a similar dish to Peking duck. The meat has less fat and is drier and crispier compared to that of Peking duck. Crispy aromatic duck can also be seen in the United States, usually served with buns rather than pancakes.