Chinese Food Pairings With Suitable Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc with Vegetable Lo Mein.
- Malbec with Beef and Broccoli Paired.
- Lambrusco with Sesame Chicken.
- Gamay with General Tso’s Chicken.
- Moscato paired with Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Riesling with Kung Pao Chicken.
- Pinot Noir with Peking Duck.
- Grenache Paired with Mongolian Beef.
- 1 What drink goes best with Chinese food?
- 2 Does red or white wine go with Chinese food?
- 3 Does Rose wine go with Chinese food?
- 4 What red wine goes best with Chinese food?
- 5 What wine goes with spicy Chinese food?
- 6 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 7 What wine goes with soy sauce?
- 8 Is Prosecco good with Chinese food?
- 9 What wine goes with fried rice?
- 10 What is an off-dry Riesling?
- 11 What kind of wine goes with General Tso Chicken?
- 12 What red wine goes well with spicy food?
- 13 What wine goes best with stir fry?
- 14 What wine goes with tofu stir fry?
What drink goes best with Chinese food?
What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
Does red or white wine go with Chinese food?
Again, aromatic white wines with Chinese food can work well when paired with dishes that have complex aromas from various spices. You could go for sweetness, too. Light-hearted, juicy reds, such as a youthful Gamay or Pinot Noir, also work well with the rich flavours and refresh the palate.
Does Rose wine go with Chinese food?
And, of course, Champagne and other sparkling wines, especially rosé, pair well with Chinese food —for many of the same reasons that beer is a good match. In fact, a sparkling rosé might be the best choice for wine drinkers who don’t want to think too much about pairings.
What red wine goes best with Chinese food?
These are beer or whisky foods. But beyond that, a good general rule when it comes to choosing a wine to go with Asian food is to stick to the German/Alsatian varietals: Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, wherever they come from.
What wine goes with spicy Chinese food?
Whatever you choose to pair with spicy Chinese fare, make sure it has low tannins and low alcohol. A wine with either of those in high doses will only make the heat hotter. For this dish, pick pinot gris, an off-dry chenin blanc or a gewurztraminer on the white side. Keep your reds fruity and low in tannin.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
Is Prosecco good with Chinese food?
As a general rule of thumb, sparkling white wines, such as Prosecco, work very well with the fried savoury and noodle dishes that are so prevalent in Chinese food. Red wines are great when the dish makes use of a rich sauce, with whites coming into the picture when you’re dealing with spiciness.
What wine goes with fried rice?
Wines with fried rice – Styles to consider:
- Riesling, dry or off-dry.
- Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Noir.
- Syrah / Shiraz.
- Bold, off-dry rosé
What is an off-dry Riesling?
Off-dry Rieslings wines have a touch of sugar. Not enough to make the wine sweet like some dessert, but enough to give it body and make the fruit jump out and to help it pair with many hard-to-pair foods, like spicy asian cuisine, or richer dishes.
What kind of wine goes with General Tso Chicken?
General Tso’s Chicken pairs best with fruity and acidic red wines such as Zinfandel, Lambrusco, Beaujolais or Pinot Noir. The fruitiness of the red wine complements the sweet factor of General Tso’s Chicken, while the acidity cuts through the sauce and deep fried chunks of chicken.
What red wine goes well with spicy food?
Pairing Specifics The full-bodied types of wines that go well with spicy food can range from range from Syrah/Shiraz, Douro Reds, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some Zinfandels (typically a medium-bodied wine, but can be full depending on the particular brand) can also pair well.
What wine goes best with stir fry?
With savory, gingery stir-fries For a white wine try an appley Pinot Blanc or unoaked styles of Chardonnay. For reds, go for juicy, low-tannin, wines, like Beaujolais from France or California Pinot Noir.
What wine goes with tofu stir fry?
Look for late harvest Rieslings (that luxurious sugary content is the perfect match for some heat) or a Chenin Blanc which is a bright and crisp white to help combat the oily nature of many Asian foods. For the reds, you could try a Lambrusco, the funky sparkling red or even a chilled Beaujolais.