What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
- 1 What kind of wine do you drink with Chinese food?
- 2 What drink goes well with fried rice?
- 3 What wine goes with soy sauce?
- 4 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 5 What do you drink with spicy Chinese food?
- 6 What drink goes with stir fry?
- 7 What beer goes best with Chinese food?
- 8 What white wine goes with Chinese food?
- 9 What do you drink with kung pao chicken?
- 10 What wines should you not pair with?
- 11 What does Lambrusco pair with?
- 12 What wine is comparable to Lambrusco?
- 13 What is Prosecco?
What kind of wine do you drink with Chinese food?
Chinese Food Pairings With Suitable Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc with Vegetable Lo Mein.
- Malbec with Beef and Broccoli Paired.
- Lambrusco with Sesame Chicken.
- Gamay with General Tso’s Chicken.
- Moscato paired with Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Riesling with Kung Pao Chicken.
- Pinot Noir with Peking Duck.
- Grenache Paired with Mongolian Beef.
What drink goes well with fried rice?
Great wines to drink with fried rice
- Riesling, dry or off-dry.
- Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Noir.
- Syrah / Shiraz.
- Bold, off-dry rosé
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
What do you drink with spicy Chinese food?
Whatever you choose to pair with spicy Chinese fare, make sure it has low tannins and low alcohol. A wine with either of those in high doses will only make the heat hotter. For this dish, pick pinot gris, an off-dry chenin blanc or a gewurztraminer on the white side. Keep your reds fruity and low in tannin.
What drink goes with stir fry?
With savory, gingery stir-fries The deep flavors in these dishes really let fruity reds and whites shine. For a white wine try an appley Pinot Blanc or unoaked styles of Chardonnay. For reds, go for juicy, low-tannin, wines, like Beaujolais from France or California Pinot Noir.
What beer goes best with Chinese food?
Craft Beer/Chinese Food Pairing Ideas
- IPA with Cumin Beef. The spice undertones complement the flavor profile of the savory beef dish.
- Saison with Ginger Chicken. The floral notes of the tart saison pair well with ginger.
- White Ale with Kimchi Fried Rice.
- Red Ale with Hong Kong Style Cumin Short Rib.
What white wine goes with Chinese food?
Again, aromatic white wines with Chinese food can work well when paired with dishes that have complex aromas from various spices. You could go for sweetness, too. An Auslese Riesling or even a lighter style of Sauternes or Barsac can work hand-in-hand with the spicy sensation.
What do you drink with kung pao chicken?
Kung Pao Chicken Pairs With: Alsace Pinot Gris. Why It Works: Kung Pao sauce may seem like a nightmare to pair with wine. It’s spicy, sweet, sour, and salty, with a touch of fat. Look no further than Pinot Gris from Alsace, France.
What wines should you not pair with?
This Is the 1 Food That You Should Never Pair With Wine
- Artichokes. Artichokes mess with the taste of your wine.
- Asparagus. It’s hard to find any wine that pairs well.
- Blue cheese. It will overpower pretty much any wine.
- Brussels sprouts. They’re too earthy and sulfurous for most wines.
- Soy sauce.
What does Lambrusco pair with?
It pairs best with foods from Emilia-Romagna. “These things are commonly found as first courses or hors d’oeuvres during the holiday season.” But, she also adds that, “the intense red fruit—think, cherry and strawberry—flavors of dry Lambrusco would complement game birds, turkey and ham.”
What wine is comparable to Lambrusco?
There are two almost exact potential matches for a red lambrusco. One is another Italian wine called a Brachetto, a spumante (sparkling) wine made from Italy’s heavy-duty barbera or nebbiolo grapes. Banfi’s Rosa Regale is a well-known brand name.
What is Prosecco?
What is Prosecco? Technically, Prosecco is a sparkling wine that originates from the Valdobbiadene region in Veneto, Italy. The wine is made with Prosecco grapes (also called “Glera”) and made into wine via the Charmat sparkling method, which gives wines approximately 3 atmospheres of pressure.