Craft Beer/Chinese Food Pairing Ideas
- IPA with Cumin Beef. The spice undertones complement the flavor profile of the savory beef dish.
- Saison with Ginger Chicken. The floral notes of the tart saison pair well with ginger.
- White Ale with Kimchi Fried Rice.
- Red Ale with Hong Kong Style Cumin Short Rib.
- 1 What beer goes with Chinese food?
- 2 What alcohol goes best with Chinese food?
- 3 What goes better with Chinese food beer or wine?
- 4 What beer goes with stir fry?
- 5 What kind of beer goes with fried chicken?
- 6 What type of beer goes with fried chicken?
- 7 What do you drink with spicy Chinese food?
- 8 What do you serve with Chinese takeout?
- 9 What whiskey goes with Chinese food?
- 10 What alcohol goes with stir fry?
- 11 What alcohol goes with fried rice?
- 12 What do you drink after Chinese food?
- 13 Why does beer go well with fried chicken?
- 14 What beer goes with Vietnamese food?
- 15 What beef is best for stir fry?
What beer goes with Chinese food?
5 best beers to pair with scrumptious Chinese food
- Carlsberg Smooth. Carlsberg Smooth.
- White Rhino Indian Pale Ale. White Rhino Indian Pale Ale.
- Yavira Crafted Basmati Pilsner. Yavira Crafted Basmati Pilsner.
- Bira 91 White. Bira 91 White.
- Kingfisher Ultra.
What alcohol goes best with Chinese food?
What drinks to pair with Chinese takeout
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout.
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser.
- MALBEC. Try this rich, red wine from Argentina with equally rich dishes, such as barbecued pork or spareribs, advises Yarrow.
- MAI TAIS.
- SAISON BEER.
What goes better with Chinese food beer or wine?
Don’t Forget About Beer Certain Chinese dishes go better with beer than they do with wine. Some pairings to consider include: Saison: Its dry finish and lemon and pepper flavors go well with the peppercorns found in many noodle dishes.
What beer goes with stir fry?
Allison, for stir-fry, especially spicy stir-fry like the curry above, we usually recommend beer. We like light Japanese and Thai beers in this case, like Thai Singha lager. It’s rather pale and crisp, and very good with spicy food. Also try the Japanese Sapporo.
What kind of beer goes with fried chicken?
The best beer to pair with fried chicken would probably be a pale ale or German-Style hefeweizen. They go well with fried foods in general and won’t overpower the chicken but have enough flavor to complement it.
What type of beer goes with fried chicken?
Malt-forward beers (such as a Vienna Lager, Helles Lager, or Marzen ) pair perfectly with this meal. The melanoidin (a kilned specialty malt) character of the beer plays nicely with the crispy, breaded, crunchy / toasty notes of the chicken.
What do you drink with spicy Chinese food?
Whatever you choose to pair with spicy Chinese fare, make sure it has low tannins and low alcohol. A wine with either of those in high doses will only make the heat hotter. For this dish, pick pinot gris, an off-dry chenin blanc or a gewurztraminer on the white side. Keep your reds fruity and low in tannin.
What do you serve with Chinese takeout?
20 Quick and Easy Asian Side Dishes
- Soy Sauce Fried Rice.
- Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry.
- Chinese Egg Drop Soup.
- Easy Chinese Cucumber Salad.
- Chicken Fried Rice.
- Choy Sum with Garlic Sauce.
- Easy Milk Bread Rolls.
- Chinese Pickled Cucumber.
What whiskey goes with Chinese food?
Naturally, seafood goes well with whiskies that have a saline quality. These spirits often come from coastal distilleries like Oban or Talisker, where the sea air permeates the whisky barrels during the aging process. Peated whiskies work surprisingly well with raw seafood.
What alcohol goes with stir fry?
Here are my favourites:
- Riesling and riesling blends.
- Torrontes from Argentina – an interesting alternative to riesling.
- Fruity Australian whites especially ones containing semillon and colombard.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc – particularly with stir-fries that contain veggies like asparagus, peppers and mangetout.
What alcohol goes with fried rice?
Great wines to drink with fried rice
- Riesling, dry or off-dry.
- Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Noir.
- Syrah / Shiraz.
- Bold, off-dry rosé
What do you drink after Chinese food?
Dr Leonard says people suffering after eating MSG should also drink water to keep hydrated, rest, and take painkillers if they have a headache. If someone suffers more severe symptoms, like difficulty breathing, chest pain or an allergic reaction, they should visit their doctor.
Why does beer go well with fried chicken?
“Fried chicken can be taxing on the palate,” says Nowell. You need a beer that plays well, not something that’s going to fight the chicken.” Beer is well suited to tackling fried chicken; its bitterness and carbonation help refresh the palate between bites of chicken much like an acidic wine would.
What beer goes with Vietnamese food?
Pairing: Vietnamese beer such as “33” Export, or Tsingtao from China, would be a terrific companion for this crispy dish with its sweet and spicy sauce.
What beef is best for stir fry?
Most tender beef cuts, such as sirloin, tri-tip, ribeye, top loin (strip), tenderloin, shoulder center (Ranch Steak), shoulder top blade (Flat Iron) and shoulder petite tender, can be cut into strips for use in stir-fry recipes.