Chicken and Broccoli With lean, white meat chicken and bushy, fiber-filled broccoli, this dish is an excellent choice for someone trying to get the taste of Chinese food without the fat. According to LIVESTRONG.COM, a one-cup serving only contains around 280 calories.
- 1 Is Chinese food chicken and broccoli healthy?
- 2 How many calories is a cup of chicken and broccoli?
- 3 How many calories is Chinese food broccoli?
- 4 What’s the lowest calorie Chinese food?
- 5 Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
- 6 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 7 What is the healthiest Chinese food takeout?
- 8 What is the chicken and broccoli diet?
- 9 Is Chinese shrimp and broccoli fattening?
- 10 Is broccoli in brown sauce healthy?
Is Chinese food chicken and broccoli healthy?
Chicken and broccoli is similar to beef and broccoli, consisting of chicken and broccoli stir-fried in a light sauce. However, it’s a leaner option than beef and broccoli that still offers plenty of protein. One cup (153 grams) provides 13 grams of protein and only 145 calories.
How many calories is a cup of chicken and broccoli?
How many calories are there in chicken and broccoli? Chicken and broccoli contain 280 calories per serving. This serving may also include white rice. In contrast, chicken and broccoli (no rice) contain 175 calories per one-cup serving.
How many calories is Chinese food broccoli?
FoodData Central reports that 1 cup of chopped raw broccoli contains 30.9 calories, 2.57 grams of protein, 0.34 grams total fat, 6.04 grams carbohydrates, 2.37 grams fiber and 30 milligrams of sodium.
What’s the lowest calorie Chinese food?
10 Chinese Dinners Under 400 Calories
- Chinese Chicken Salad III | 393 Calories.
- Chinese Pepper Steak | 312 Calories.
- Chinese Take-Out Shrimp with Garlic | 227 Calories.
- Chinese Pork Tenderloin | 222 Calories.
- Authentic Chinese Steamed Fish | 379 Calories.
- Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry | 280 Calories.
Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
The Asian diet will probably help you lose weight. Research suggests people in Asian countries who follow this dietary pattern weigh less than their Western counterparts. That’s likely because it’s high in healthy foods that keep hunger at bay: whole grains, vegetables and bean products, for example.
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
What is the healthiest Chinese food takeout?
The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce.
- Steamed Dumplings.
- Brown Rice With a Scrambled Egg.
- Shrimp or Tofu Entrées.
- Kung Pao Chicken.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Sauce on the Side. This tip came up again and again.
What is the chicken and broccoli diet?
For Hudson, a typical day included 55 ounces of chicken and 11 cups of broccoli for a total of 77 grams of carbs, 42 grams of fat, and 340 grams of protein. After three days, the brothers started lifting together because they lacked motivation. “Energy levels are a little low,” said Hudson.
Is Chinese shrimp and broccoli fattening?
Steamed shrimp and broccoli calories will be fewer than that in fried shrimp and broccoli. Whether eating out or at home, Chinese shrimp and broccoli makes for a healthy choice if you avoid the caloric sauces that often come with it.
Is broccoli in brown sauce healthy?
Calorie Breakdown Broccoli is very low in calories. You can have a full 1-cup serving of steamed broccoli for around 55 calories. Drizzle on 1/4 cup of beef or turkey-based brown sauce, and you’ll tack on about another 25 calories. Ultimately, you’ll get roughly 80 calories from the side dish.