Calories in Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.0 g|
- 1 How much sodium does chicken and broccoli have?
- 2 How bad is Chinese chicken and broccoli for you?
- 3 Is chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant healthy?
- 4 What can I eat at a Chinese restaurant that is low sodium?
- 5 How much sodium should I have in a day?
- 6 Is all Chinese food high in sodium?
- 7 What is the healthiest Chinese takeaway food?
- 8 What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
- 9 Is chicken and broccoli good for you?
- 10 Is Chinese chicken and broccoli really chicken?
- 11 What is the healthiest Chinese soup?
- 12 What’s the lowest calorie Chinese food?
- 13 Does Chinese chicken and broccoli have carbs?
How much sodium does chicken and broccoli have?
There is also no cholesterol in steamed chicken and broccoli. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol ward off stroke, cardiovascular disease and other obesity-related concerns. The sodium content is low at just 80 milligrams — for heart health, you should keep your sodium intake below 2,300 milligrams daily.
How bad is Chinese chicken and broccoli for you?
Chicken and broccoli is similar to beef and broccoli, consisting of chicken and broccoli stir-fried in a light sauce. However, it’s a leaner option than beef and broccoli that still offers plenty of protein. One cup (153 grams) provides 13 grams of protein and only 145 calories.
Is chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant healthy?
Chicken and Broccoli With lean, white meat chicken and bushy, fiber-filled broccoli, this dish is an excellent choice for someone trying to get the taste of Chinese food without the fat. According to LIVESTRONG.COM, a one-cup serving only contains around 280 calories.
What can I eat at a Chinese restaurant that is low sodium?
Fill your plate with a variety of veggies, whether boiled, broiled, steamed or lightly-stir-fried (e.g., chop suey with steamed rice ). Choose steamed vs. fried rice to avoid large amounts of sodium, MSG, calories and fats in the fried version. Better yet, ask for a bowl of steamed brown rice.
How much sodium should I have in a day?
Americans eat on average about 3,400 mg of sodium per day. However, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends adults limit sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day —that’s equal to about 1 teaspoon of table salt!
Is all Chinese food high in sodium?
In a recently analysis, Action on Salt measured the salt in takeout meals from six different Chinese restaurants in London’s Chinatown. The analysis revealed that 97 percent of the dishes contained 2 grams of salt or more per dish. In addition, 58 percent had more than 3 grams of salt per dish.
What is the healthiest Chinese takeaway food?
The 17 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options, According to Registered Dietitians
- Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce.
- Steamed Dumplings.
- Brown Rice With a Scrambled Egg.
- Shrimp or Tofu Entrées.
- Kung Pao Chicken.
- Buddha’s Delight.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Sauce on the Side. This tip came up again and again.
What is the most unhealthy Chinese food?
Oftentimes, many of American-Chinese dishes are based on fried foods with heavy sauces high in fat, sodium and sugar.
- Crab Rangoon. Think about it.
- Barbeque Spare Ribs.
- Fried Egg Rolls.
- Fried Rice.
- Lo Mein.
- Chow Fun.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- General Tso’s Chicken.
Is chicken and broccoli good for you?
Both chicken and broccoli contain iron. So, when you utilize them in a recipe, you are improving your overall health. To break it down, iron promotes brain health, fights off blood diseases, such as anemia, improves circulation, and helps keep your muscles functioning properly.
Is Chinese chicken and broccoli really chicken?
Chinese restaurants almost always use chicken breast for chicken and broccoli because most Americans prefer white meat. However, if you prefer dark meat, you can use chicken thighs to make a delicious homemade dark meat chicken broccoli with brown sauce.
What is the healthiest Chinese soup?
10 Asian soup recipes to help you eat healthy and get lean
- Chinese Napa Cabbage Soup.
- Hot and sour soup.
- Tom Yam Kung (Thai Hot and Sour Soup with Shrimp)
- Basic Curry Noodle Soup.
- Miso Soup & Miso Ramen.
- Soondubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Stew)
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Tom Kha Gai)
- Tomato Noodle Soup.
What’s the lowest calorie Chinese food?
10 Chinese Dinners Under 400 Calories
- Chinese Chicken Salad III | 393 Calories.
- Chinese Pepper Steak | 312 Calories.
- Chinese Take-Out Shrimp with Garlic | 227 Calories.
- Chinese Pork Tenderloin | 222 Calories.
- Authentic Chinese Steamed Fish | 379 Calories.
- Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry | 280 Calories.
Does Chinese chicken and broccoli have carbs?
Although chicken and broccoli from a restaurant may contain carbs in the sauce or from the velveting, it’s often a better choice than dishes that feature breaded meats or sugary sauces. Plus, made at home, you can modify chicken and broccoli to be essentially free of carbs except for those from the broccoli.